Welcome to Bond Demolition Ltd.
The company was first formed in 1929 by a South African gentleman trading as EA Bond Builders Ltd and working out of a small yard in the town of Rhymney, South Wales. They were operational throughout the Second World War and beyond, undertaking construction works for the Ministry of Defence amongst others.
As the company grew, they diversified and invested heavily in mechanical plant, working the mines and tips for the National Coal Board through the 1960’s and 70’s until the gradual demise of the coal industry and the closing of mines shortly afterwards.
The company was bought out by current owner Robert (Bob) Bailey at this time and traded as RN Bailey, however the recession hit hard around 1974 and the decision was made to take the company in a slightly different direction, with the formation of Bond Contractors Ltd.
The new organisation grew significantly, becoming a large scale civil engineering company undertaking muck shift, groundworks, highway works and piling whilst assembling a large, skilled workforce. The company traded successfully up until 1999 when the economic climate meant that it was no longer viable to pursue large scale civil engineering projects.
This brings us to the formation of Bond Demolition Ltd in the same year, with the decision at the time to work within the public sector to try and provide some job security for its loyal employees. Membership of the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA) was transferred to the new company in 1999 and National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC) membership attained in 2005.