South Gloucestershire Council
The Severnside training center was the former Education Traded and Support Services that served the South Gloucestershire area. The facilities were moved elsewhere as part of the restructuring of services within the council and as such the buildings were surplus to requirements with demolition paving the way for a new sports pitch and residential housing.
The site comprised of the following:
- A two storey learning centre with basement boiler room and training centre at the rear.
- Single brick-built building with offices, stores and a kitchen.
Works included the soft strip of internal fixtures and fittings, in-house removal of asbestos containing materials, demolition of existing buildings down to top of floor slab, uplifting of slabs and foundations, crushing and stockpiling at agreed location.
- Asbestos removal as positively identified in the re-survey
- Soft strip and removal of loose materials
- Demolition down to top of floor slab
- Uplifting of slabs and foundations including basement
- Removal of positively identified contaminated coal tar
- Crushing to 6F2
- Live school and nursery to the boundary
- Ecological constraints i.e nesting birds and bat roosts
- Deliveries in and out during specific times
- Contaminated coal tar